Teaching Tip of the Week
Check back Mondays for the latest!
for Teaching about Prayer
A child can use his hand as a reminder of what to pray about. Have the
children hold their hands up with their thumb closest and their fingers
spread out and explain:
- The thumb which is closest to them reminds them to pray for those who are
close - their family and friends.
- The pointer reminds them to pray for those who point the way to God -
their pastors and teachers.
- The middle finger is the tallest and reminds them to pray for those in
authority over them - parents, policemen, political leaders, etc.
- The ring finger is the weakest and is a reminder to pray for the sick and
those in need of help.
- The pinky is the smallest and reminds them to pray for other children.
Back to The Teaching Tip of the Week.