Teaching Tip of the Week
Check back Mondays for the latest!
Since children normally have a lot of energy that needs to be used up and you
want them to use it in a constructive way, participation by the children in
the course of the club or class can be vital to keeping the attention of the
children, keeping the class under control and keeping the class exciting so
that the children will want to come back next time.
You can have the children:
Be creative and allow the children to participate as much as they are willing
to. (Remember that there will be some students who prefer not to participate
- Read portions of scripture (perhaps the memory verse for that day.)
- Hold songs that you are singing (or even pick out the songs for that day.)
- Act out part of the Bible lesson (especially good with preschoolers.)
- Sing songs with motions.
- Hand out memory verse tokens after club or class.
- Play a review game or game ot help memorize the memory verse.
- Take attendance.
- Collect offering.
- Share prayer requests and/or pray.
- Tell about a missionary or the country they serve in.
Back to The Teaching Tip of the Week.