Teaching Tip of the Week
Check back Mondays for the latest!
Fundamentals of Music
Things to remember when leading a song using visuals:
- Hold the song up high enough for all the children to see it and tilt it
down slightly towards the children.
- Know the words of the song. You should be able to sing it with the
children without looking at it.
- Don't sing a song too fast when first teaching it. You may know it, but
the children need to sing it slower at first.
- Teach the children to have fun with the song but not to make
fun of the song.
- Make sure to explain any difficult words or ideas in the song. Use songs
as an opportunity to teach!
Back to The Teaching Tip of the Week.